So you want to buy a condo in Yorkville and you have your heart set on buying new. There are lots of new condominium projects in Yorkville all at different stages of development ranging from:
- Proposed plans for new condo projects yet to be finalized
- New condo development projects that have started marketing to the public but have not broken ground yet known as pre-construction
- New condo developments currently under construction
- New condo buildings in the final stages of near completion and in the process of being registered
All of these stages present buying opportunities. The question you need to ask yourself is how long are you willing to wait for your brand new suite in the sky.
Here’s a breakdown of the all the new condo developments in Yorkville from projects proposed to buildings currently under construction:
Proposed Plans For New Condo Projects In Yorkville
277 Davenport Road
Developer Burnac Development Corp
Designed by Hariri Pontarini Architects, this luxury development consists of only ten suites and six storeys located on the south side of Davenport Road. Suites start on the second floor and there is a retail component on the ground floor and mezzaine level. There are also two levels of underground parking with twenty four parking spaces.
133 Hazelton Avenue
Developer Mizrahi Khalili Developments
Design proposal for a nine storey condominium development of thirty-eight units with three storeys of underground parking accessed off of Davenport Road. The nine storey condo portion of the building fronts onto Davenport Road and is proposed to be set back from the street wall above the seventh storey. The plan also includes a two storey townhouse form fronting onto Hazelton Avenue with a single retail unit at grade along Davenport Road. 195 Davenport Road is the old site of Careful Hand Laundry Dry Cleaners. Currently at 131 Hazelton Avenue sits a two storey professional office building. This proposal has been presented to the community for review before filing planning applications with the City of Toronto.
94 Cumberland Street
The city has received a rezoning application for the site located on the north east corner of Cumberland at Bellair which entails the proposal of erecting a 26 storey mixed use building containing 105 residential condominium suites – 29 one bedroom units and 76 two bedroom units. The first three levels will be devoted to retail and there will five levels of underground parking with 79 parking spaces.
Ridpath’s Fine Furniture site
906 Yonge Street & 25 McMurrich Street
After consultations with the City and the local community there is a new revised plan for the Ridpath’s Fine Furniture Store site at 906 Yonge Street which includes the parking lot at the back of the building accessed from McMurrich Street. Soon to be closed Ridpath’s Fine Furniture Store will be replaced by a 23 storey hotel that will incorporate the original 3 storey Tudor Revival style facade of the Ridpath’s store. A two storey podium will connect the hotel to the 30 storey residential condominium tower fronting on McMurrich Street.
Old Four Seasons site
21 Avenue Road
Project to be built on the site of the Old Four Seasons Hotel and consists of a north and south residential condominium tower that sit on a three storey podium with retail fronting on Avenue Road. In May 2010 the OMB ruled in favour of the developer, Menkes, to construct a 127 metre and a 133 metre condominium tower. Provincial Speaker of the House, the Hon. Steve Peters appealed to the Ontario Superior Court of Justice to block construction of these two condominium towers as they would intrude on the picturesque view of the Queens Park Legislature. In January 2011 the courts ruled to uphold the OMB’s decision giving the green light to Menkes to build the 44 and 48 storey condo towers.
Cumberland Terrace site
Developer Oxford Properties
2 Bloor Street West
In February 2010 City Council approved the project that consists of 3 buildings:
- Podium Building, a 7 storey building which includes commercial space at street level, 4 levels of parking above it. The building will also feature 20 residential condominium units known as rooftop villas and house rooftop gardens and outdoor amenity space for condominium residents in the two towers that rise from the structure.
- Yonge Tower, a 36 storey residential condominium building at the corner of Yonge and Cumberland Streets with 196 units.
- Cumberland Tower, a 48 storey residential condominium building located mid-block on Cumberland Street with 340 units.
Yorkville Toronto New Condominium Projects Coming To Market
36 Hazelton Avenue
Developer Alterra Group and Zinc Developments
Located at 34-38 Hazelton Avenue, the site of St. Basil’s School. The project consists of seven storeys with eighteen luxury residential condominium units and incorporates the existing two level Gothic Revival school structure which was built in 1928 by architect J.M. Cowen. All suites feature expansive terraces and each suite will be unique in its own right.
Yorkville Toronto New Condominium
Projects Available For Sale Pre-construction
- The St. Thomas 2 St. Thomas Street
- One Bloor 1 Bloor Street East
- Pears on the Avenue 164 Avenue Road
- Imperial Plaza Condominiums 111 St. Clair Avenue West
Yorkville Toronto New Condominium Developments Currently Under Construction
- The Four Seasons Private Residences 50 Yorkville Avenue & 55 Scollard Street
- Museum House 206 Bloor Street West
- The Florian The Residences of Upper Yorkville 88 Davenport Road
- One Bedford At Bloor 1 Bedford Road
- Uptown Residences 25 Balmuto Street
- Crystal Blu Condominiums On Bloor 21 Balmuto Street
- Seventy Seven Charles West 77 Charles Street West